We want to ensure the most efficient and convenient storage experience for all of our clients here at Milford Storage. We sell a complete selection of supplies here onsite. In addition, we have also compiled the following list of storage tips to help you prepare for your move and keep your belongings free of harm.
- Pack your items carefully with proper planning to avoid damage during transport or unpacking.
- Use boxes that are sturdy and in good condition in order to keep your things free from harm.
- When packing, fill boxes until they are full and pack newspaper or shredded paper to fill in any empty space.
- Don’t pack too many items into one box or they might be too heavy to lift.
- Seal boxes with packing tape to avoid any dust collecting on your belongings while in storage.
- Wrap fragile items in paper, towels or rags and pack them tightly.
- Make sure your items are dry in order to prevent mold during storage.
- Label contents of each box and make note of fragile items.
- Use bubble wrap to pack large, fragile items such as mirrors and frames.
- Take furniture apart when possible to maximize space when packing them into your storage unit.
- Use furniture covers for safety and to prevent dust collection.
- Do not store materials like gasoline, oil or cleaning supplies, which can be flammable and combustible.